Women's Tennis Dropped at No. 33 Columbia, 6-1
NEW YORK – The Brown women's tennis team fell to 1-2 in Ivy League play this season after a 6-1 defeat at the hands of No. 33 Columbia on Saturday at the Dick Savitt Tennis Center.
Freshman Dayna Lord (Bloomfield, Conn.) continued her strong rookie season, as she upset No 80 Kanika Vaidya in straight sets, 6-4, 7-6, in the No. 1 singles slot. From that point, the Lions rode the momentum of five consecutive singles wins, plus the doubles point after their ranked duos of Bianca Sanon/Kanika Vaidya and Tina Jiang/Crystal Leung triumphed over their Brown counterparts.
The Bears return to action tomorrow for another Ivy tilt against Cornell at 12 p.m.
1. No. 22 Bianca Sanon/ Kanika Vaidya (COL) def. Hannah Camhi/Dayna Lord (BRWN) 8-1
2. No. 34 Tina Jiang/Crystal Leung (COL) def. Sarah Kandath/Niki Uberoi (BRWN) 8-1
3. Ioana Alecsiu/Tiana Takenaga (COL) vs. Ammu Mandalap/Ashley Noyes (BRWN) 5-5, unfinished
1. Dayna Lord (BRWN) def. No. 80 Kanika Vaidya (COL) 6-4, 7-6
2. Bianca Sanon (COL) def. Hannah Camhi (BRWN) 6-4, 6-3
3. Tina Jiang (COL) def. Niki Uberoi (BRWN) 6-3, 6-0
4. Crystal Leung (COL) def. Sarah Kandath (BRWN) 6-1, 6-1
5. Tiana Takenaga (COL) def. Ammu Mandalap (BRWN) 6-3, 7-5
6. Ioana Alecsiu (COL) def. Coco Hsu (BRWN) 6-1, 6-2
Order of Finish
Doubles (1, 2) Singles (6,4,3,2,1,5)