Brown Takes Fourth at Princeton Invitational
Princeton, N.J. – Highlighted by four individual medals, both the men's and women's swimming and diving teams took fourth overall at the Princeton Invitational this past weekend. The Bears squared off against some tough competition including Florida, Princeton, Washington State and Rutgers.
Brianna Borgolini won the 100-yard breaststroke on her way to a school record (1:04.17), topping a time that was set in 1999 and just missed an NCAA B cut by 1.5 seconds. Borgolini also took the silver in the 200-yard breaststroke with a time of 2:17.78, almost a full three seconds ahead of the third-place finisher.
The men also boast a second-place finish as Tommy Glenn captured the medal in the 200 butterfly. Glenn finished with a time of 1:51.86.
The Brown men also garnered two third-place finishes as Ryan Kikuchi took the bronze in the 200 backstroke (1:50.03) andConnor Carlucci garnered similar honors in the 200 breast (2:04.05). Carlucci, a tri-captain, reset his own school record in the 100 Breaststroke (55.72) placing second in the event.
The Freshman class jumped into the action, placing an additional nine times on the All-Time Top 25 List. Emma Lamothe (50 Free -17th, 100 Butterfly- 22nd), Paige Gilley (50 free- 25th, 100 Butterfly- 24th), Glenn (100 Butterfly -25th, 200 Butterfly- 7th), Leigh Holmes (100 Butterfly -23rd), Seth Akers-Campbell (1650 - 24th), and Danny Fujinaka (1650- 25th) all added their names to the list in their first college invitational. Sophomore Mike McVicker also moved his place up to 18th all time in the 100 Breaststroke (58.23).
The Bears will take a break for exams and the holiday season before heading to Miami, Fla. On January 2, for winter training. The first meet back is tentatively scheduled for January 5 against Penn in Miami.
Brown Top-25 Records set at Meet
- Emma Lamothe - 50 FR - 24.06Emma Lamothe - 100 Butterfly - 58.02
- Paige Gilley - 50 FR - 24.33
- Paige Gilley - 100 Buttterfly - 58.29
- Leigh Holmes - 100 Butterfly - 58.03
- Briana Borgolini - 100 Breaststroke - 1:04.17 (school record)
- Briana Borgolini - 200 Breaststroke - 2:17.78 (school record)
- Tommy Glenn - 100 Butterfly - 51.43
- Tommy Glenn - 200 Butterfly - 1:50.06
- Conor Carlucci - 100 Breaststroke - 55.72 (school record)
- Michael McVicker - 100 Breaststroke - 58.43
- Seth Akers-Campbell - 1650 Freestyle - 16:25.70
- Danny Fujinaka - 1650 Freestyle - 16:28.39
Women's Team Results
1. Princeton University 1190
2. University of Florida 828
3. Washington State University 820
4. Brown University 440
5. Rider University 310
6. Rutgers University 63
7. Drexel University 32
8. Columbia University 14
Men's Team Results
1. Princeton University 1256
2. University of Florida 883.5
3. Columbia University 644
4. Brown University 529.5
5. Rider University 250
6. US Military Academy 64
7. Unattached 45
8. Drexel University 27