Softball Introduces Class of 2018
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – Brown softball Head Coach Katie Flynn has announced the five incoming members of the Class of 2018 who will join the Bears roster this upcoming season: Annie McGregor (Carlsbad, Calif./La Costa Canyon), Grayson Metzger (Severna Park, Md./Severna Park), Katie Orona (Pueblo, Colo./Pueblo East), Yeram Park (Arcadia, Calif./Arcadia) and Emily Springfield (Oceanside, Calif./La Jolla Country Day School).
"The class of 2018 is another strong recruiting class for us," said Flynn. "They have played summer ball at the highest level, are ready to contribute in the Ivy League and are enthusiastic to join our Brown family. We really focused on finding student-athletes who could contribute offensively and at multiple positions. Annie, Grayson and Emily all have power and RBI producing skills. Katie brings a lefty arm to our pitching rotation and can hit for herself. Yeram is a talented lefty outfielder and slapper who can also hit away. I am excited to welcome them to College Hill this fall."
Hometown: Carlsbad, Calif.
High School: La Costa Canyon
Club Team: San Diego Rebels
- Two-time First Team All-League Avocado West
- Named La Costa Canyon Rookie of the Year as a freshman
- Two-time Union Tribune-San Diego All-Academic Team
- Earned La Costa Canyon Silver Slugger award as a junior
Hometown: Severna Park, Md.
High School: Severna Park
Club Team: North Jersey Rocks Gold
- Batted .454 with 12 home runs and 81 RBI over four seasons at Severna Park
- Four-time Capital Gazette All-County Second Team selection
- Two-year team captain
- National Merit Scholarship finalist
Hometown: Pueblo, Colo.
High School: Pueblo East
Club Team: Colorado Styxx
- Four-time All-Conference selection
- Guided team to Colorado 4A softball state championship as a sophomore
- 2012 Denver Post State Tournament MVP
- 2013 Pueblo Softball Hall of Fame MVP
Hometown: Arcadia, Calif.
High School: Arcadia
Club Team: SoCal Pumas
- Four-time scholar athlete
- Two-time Team MVP
- First Team All-Pacific League as a senior
- Named Arcadia High School's 2014 Female Athlete of the Year
- Four-year California Scholar Federation member
Hometown: Oceanside, Calif.
High School: La Jolla Country Day School
- Received Iron Torrey award for playing all 12 varsity seasons in high school
- Three-time First Team All-League selection
- Union Tribute All-Academic Team all 12 seasons
- Softball team's Defensive Player of the Year (2012) and Offensive Player of the Year (2013)
- National Fastpitch Coaches Association All-American Scholar Athlete
- Received Balmer Award for Citizenship