Bears Net Three Goals in Third Period In 3-3 Tie With Dartmouth

Bears Net Three Goals in Third Period In 3-3 Tie With Dartmouth

Feb. 4, 2006

Box Score

Hanover, NH - With the Bears trailing late in the game and the goalie pulled, sophomore Hayley Moore (Wakefield, MA) was able to bang in the game tying goal with 0:19 left to go in the game sending the game into overtime. Brown and Dartmouth were unable to find the go ahead goal ending the game at a 3-3 tie.

The first five minutes of the game the Bears controlled the flow of the game, keeping the puck deep in the Big Green zone. Junior Kathryn Moos (Wayzata, MN) skated in after dumping the puck in the Big Green zone and found herself in the left slot for a wide open shot. Moos' shot was turned aside by Dartmouth's goalie. Off a draw to the left of the Dartmouth net, senior Ashlee Drover (Bay Roberts, NF) snapped a quick shot from the point that bounced right to senior Keaton Zucker (Gilford, NH) as she crashed the net. Zucker was unable to get a shot off though, as her stick was tangled up with a Big Green defender keeping the score at 0-0. It was all Dartmouth from then on, as the Big Green capitalized on rebounds left out in front of the Bear's net. Dartmouth jumped out to a three goal lead as the Big Green's Maggie Kennedy beat sophomore O'Hara Shipe (Anchorage, AK) two times in the period. Shipe was relieved by freshman Nicole Stock (Buffalo Grove, IL) with 7:52 remaining in the period. Stock was tested as soon as she stepped into the crease, as Dartmouth fired off three shots looking to extend their lead. On an odd man rush two Dartmouth forwards racked off two quick shots that Stock turned away keeping the game at a three goal deficit going into the first intermission.

Brown continued to struggle finding the back of the net in the second period as the Big Green defense would not left the Bears get a good look at the net, holding Brown to five shots in the period.

With the Bears looking for a swing in momentum in the final period, and on a power play, Brown was able to put pressure on the Big Green defense. Zucker had Brown's first opportunity of the period when she beat Dartmouth's goalie glove side, but the puck bounced off the post keeping the Bears looking for their first goal. Zucker ended the drought later in the power play when she put back a rebound cutting the deficit to two goals with 14:11 to go in the period. Moos threw the puck into traffic in front of the net and sophomore Hayley Moore (Wakefield, MA) fired a shot that Dartmouth blocked in front and bounced to Zucker who put it in the back of the net for the first Brown goal.

The Bears cut the deficit to one goal seven minutes later, as senior Margaret Ramsay (Toronto, ONT) seventh goal of the season with 7:11 to go in the game. Senior Lindsey Glennon (Exter, NH) gave Moos the puck along the far side boards, where she found Ramsay skating down the left slot unmarked.

With less than a minute remaining and Brown looking to send the game into overtime, the Bears pulled Stock and added the extra skater with 0:42 remaining in the game. The Bears were able to net the equalizer as the puck bounced out in front to five Brown players crashing the net. Moore and company were able to banged it in with 0:19 to go, knotting the score at 3-3, and sending the game into overtime.

In overtime Brown kept the pressure on, keeping play in Dartmouth's zone for most of the five minute overtime, but could not find the go ahead goal ending the game in a 3-3 tie. In relief work, Stock was a wall stopping all 24 shots she faced, keeping the Bears in the game the game.

The Bears will have a break next weekend, as they take part in their annual Alumnae Weekend. Brown will return to the ice when they host travel partner Yale in a Valentine's Day match-up at 7:00 p.m. at Meehan Auditorium.