Bears Take Second In Opening Meet of the Season At DartmouthThe men's cross country team kicked off their season at the Dartmouth Invitational on September 10. Near perfect weather conditions led to good competition on the scenic course. The Bears placed second out of nine teams, with junior Nick Neely (Portola Valley, CA) finishing first for the Bears and third overall in a breakout race. His time was 25:10.1 over the 8K course.
Junior Chris Burke (Dexter, MI) placed seventh overall in 25:33.6, and was closely followed by senior Jordan Kinley (Santa Rosa, CA) in eighth in 25:39.0. Rounding out the top five for Brown were junior Neil Hamel (Cumberland, RI) in 11th, and sophomore Ozzie Myers (Chittenango, NY) in 14th.
The Bears will return to action on September 24 at the Br. Paddy Doyle Meet of Champions at Van Cortlandt Park in New York City. Captain Owen Washburn (Amherst, MA) will make his senior cross country season debut at that meet, bringing added leadership and experience to the team.
1. Dartmouth 18
2. Brown 43
3. Keene State 96
4. UMass-Amherst 108
5. Boston College 160
6. University of Vermont 190
7. Stonehill College 205
8. Bentley College 219
9. Central Connecticut State 231
1. Ben True, Dartmouth, 25:05.8
2. Alec Wall, Dartmouth, 25:08.9
3. Nick Neely, Brown, 25:10.1
7. Chris Burke, Brown, 25:33.6
8. Jordan Kinley, Brown, 25:39.0
11. Neil Hamel, Brown, 25:55.5
14. Ozzie Myers, Brown, 26:04.7
17. Nick Sarro, Brown, 26:17.5
18. Steve Chaloner, Brown, 26:22.9
28. Ryan Graddy, Brown, 26:39.4
32. Jacob Nettleton, Brown, 26:47.1
39. Brian Schmidt, Brown, 26:54.4