Brown Men’s Tennis Tops Penn, 5-2Providence, RI - The Brown men’s tennis team earned its first Ivy League win of the season with a 5-2 victory over Penn. The win gives the Bears a 9-7 overall record, 1-1 in Ivy play.
Brown won four of six singles matches and all three doubles competitions. Junior co-captain Nick Malone came away with a 6-1, 7-6 win at number two, followed by freshman Jamie Cerretani, a 6-4, 7-6 winner at number three. Sophomore Chris Drake earned a 6-4, 6-4 victory at number four, while freshman Kris Goddard was a 7-6, 5-7, 6-4 winner at number six.
In doubles, Malone and Cerretani teamed for an 8-2 win at number one, followed by senior Chris Wolfe and Drake, an 8-5 winner at number two, and freshman Ben Brier and Goddard, who earned an 8-5 win at number three.
Final Score: Brown 5, Penn 2
1. Tanda Stejskal (P) def. Chris Wolfe (B), 4-6, 6-1, 6-0
2. Nick Malone (B) def. Ryan Harwood (P), 6-1, 7-6 (3)
3. Jamie Cerretani (B) def. Brian Barki (P), 6-4, 7-6 (2)
4. Chris Drake (B) def. Robert Pringle (P), 6-4, 6-4
5. Eric Sobotra (P) def. Ben Brier (B), 7-6, 2-6, 6-4
6. Kris Goddard (B) def. Andy Kolker (P), 7-6, 5-7, 6-4
1. Malone and Cerretani (B) def. Stejskal, 8-2
2. Wolfe and Drake (B) def. Barki and Pringle (P), 8-5
3. Brier and Goddard (B) def. Sobotka and Strouse (P), 8-5