PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Brown men's tennis team was defeated by Dartmouth, 4-1, on Sunday. Freshman Jacob Walker (Bethesda, Md.) posted a win in singles for the Bears.
Seniors Gregory Garcia (Poway, Calif.) and Lucas Da Silveira (Incline Village, Nev.) opened up the match with 6-1 decision in first doubles but Dartmouth would go on to claim wins in second and third doubles to take the point.
In singles play, the Big Green picked up wins in second and first singles before Walker recorded a 6-0, 6-4 victory in the sixth spot. Dartmouth then went on to seal the match with a win in fifth singles.
The Bears will remain at home and host Penn and Princeton on Saturday, April 15 and Sunday, April 16, respectively. Both matches will start at 1:00 p.m.
1) Garcia/Da Silveira (Brown) def. Pedraza/Glasnovic (Dartmouth), 6-1
2) Wall/ Horneffer (Dartmouth) def. Tarwid/Arocho (Brown), 6-4
3) Fliegner/Broom (Dartmouth) def. Walker/Haworth (Brown), 7-6(3)
1) Riccardi (Dartmouth) def. Haworth (Brown), 6-2, 6-2
2) Broom (Dartmouth) def. Tarwid (Brown), 6-3, 6-0
3) Fliegner (Dartmouth) vs. Da Silveira (Brown), 7-6, 2-0, DNF
4) Horneffer (Dartmouth) vs. Sandberg (Brown), 6-4, 3-3, DNF
5) Wall (Dartmouth) def. Litsky (Brown), 6-4, 6-2
6) Walker (Brown) def. Pedraza (Dartmouth), 6-0, 6-4