TAMPA, Fla. – The Brown men's tennis squad fell to nationally ranked University of South Florida Thursday afternoon, 6-1. With the loss, the Bears fall to 10-6 on the season while the Bulls move to 12-4 on the year.
Sophomore Lucas Da Silveira (Incline Village, NV) scored the lone point for Bruno with a 6-3, 6-4 victory over Finn Meinecke at number six singles. Senior Brandon Burke (Kingston, Jamaica), and junior Daniel Hirschberg (Westport, Conn.) both pushed their matches to three sets, but ultimately fell in the final set.
The Bears' third doubles squad of Hirschberg and Gregory Garcia (Poway, Calif.) led their match 7-4 but did not finish, as the doubles result had already been determined.
Brown continues its four-game road trip with upcoming Ivy League matches April 5th and 6th at Penn and Princeton, both scheduled for 1:00 p.m. starts. The Bears return home again on April 12th when they take on Columbia in an Ivy League match.
1. To/Da Silveira vs Cid/Gozun 8-3 (USF)
2. Burke/Fife vs Kalyuzhnny/Gonzalez 8-2 (USF)
3. Hirschberg/Garcia vs Meinecke/Polarczyk 7-4 (DNF)
1. Justin To vs Roberto Cid 6-2 6-2 (USF)
2. Greg Garcia vs Vadym Kalyuzhnny 6-4 7-5 (USF)
3. Brandon Burke vs Sasha Gozun 4-6 7-5 6-4 (USF)
4. Sam Fife vs Ignacio Gonzalez-Muniz 6-3 7-6(5) (USF)
5. Danny Hirschberg vs Federico Sabogal 3-6 6-0 6-4 (USF)
6. Lucas Da Silveira vs Finn Meinecke 6-3 6-4 (Brown)