Providence, Rhode Island – Brown, ranked 13th nationally,
played solid squash and won strongly against 16th ranked Amherst,
earning an 8-1 win over the Lord Jeff’s at the Pizzitola
Brown had control at the top of the lineup with junior Adrian Leanza setting the pace with an easy 11-2, 11-4, 11-7 win at number one. Sophomore Brad Thompson was also a 3-0 winner at number two.
Senior Patrick Davis came through at number four, 3-0, followed by Connor Eamon, senior Adam Greenberg, freshman Chris Holter, senior Alex Heitzmann, and sophomore Tucker Bryan.
Coach Stuart leGassick’s team will now look forward to the visit of Williams on Saturday at 3pm.
Brown 8, Amherst 1 January 19, 2010
1. Leanza,Adrian (B) def. Severson,Steve 11-2,11-4,11-7
2. Thompson,Brad (B) def. Quintin,Charles 11-7,11-8,11-8
3. Warner,Brian (A) def. Clayman,Benjamin 11-9,11-7,8-11,11-9
4. Davis,Patrick (B) def. Kriete,Andrew 11-4,11-3,11-9
5. Connor,Eamon (B) def. Cecala,Kevin 14-12,11-5,11-8
6. Greenberg,Adam (B) def. Rapisarda,Thomas 12-10,11-9,12-10
7. Holter,Christopher (B) def. Arnold,Matthew 11-6,11-5,11-5
8. Heitzmann,Alex (B) def. Lavine,Todd 8-11,14-12,12-10,11-3
9. Bryan,William (B) def. BANTA,Lee 11-7,15-13,12-10