David Hawley’s Overtime Goal Lifts #14 Brown Over Hartford, 13-12

David Hawley’s Overtime Goal Lifts #14 Brown Over Hartford, 13-12

Providence, Rhode Island – Junior David Hawley scored on a feed from junior Andrew Feinberg with 1:55 left in overtime to lift 14th-ranked Brown to a 13-12 come-from behind victory over Hartford before a raucous crowd of 617 at Meister-Kavan Field.  The win lifts the Bears to 1-1 on the season, while Hartford falls to 1-3.


Brown trailed, 12-10, with 12:26 left in the game following a goal by Hartford’s Aidan Genik.  Bears’ senior Reade Seligman drew Brown to within a goal, 12-11, with 8:22 remaining, and Feinberg knotted the score, 12-12, scoring on a pass from sophomore Parker Brown with 3:04 left in the game.


Hartford won the face-off in overtime and went on the attack.  Brown junior All-American defenseman Peter Fallon gave the Bears possession with a take-away in the defensive zone, and  the Bears cleared to the Hartford end.   Feinberg took the ball behind the net and spotted Hawley for the game-winner, setting off a jubilant celebration.


Feinberg was the game’s top scorer with four goals, while adding an assist.  Parker Brown added a hat-trick for the Bears, while also adding two assists. Hawley finished the game with two goals.


The day didn’t start out well for Brown as the Bears fell behind, 5-2, after one quarter.


The Bears came roaring back to out-score the Hawks, 5-1, in the second quarter to grab a 7-6 lead at the half.  Sophomore Parker Brown scored two goals in the spurt, with sophomore Rob Schlesinger, Feinberg and Hawley scoring one goal each.


With Brown leading 9-8 with 5:24 left in the third quarter, Justin Bearse, Ryan Compitello and Aiden Genik scored three straight goals for Hartford  to grab an 11-9 advantage.  Parker Brown scored his third goal for the Bears to make it 11-10 for the Hawks, before Genik scored once again to give Hartford a 12-10 lead.


Brown goalie Matt Chriss registered eight saves in goal, while Hartford’s Scott Bement turned aside 14 shots.


Genik led the Hawks with four goals, while Bearse added three tallies.


The Bears will be back in action again on Saturday, March 13, traveling to Philadelphia to face St. Joseph’s, starting at 1:00 p.m.