Brown Dominates Georgetown, 37-10

Washington, D.C. - Brown returned to the D.C. area for the first time since 2005 and turned in a dominant performance in all facets of the game – offense, defense and special teams - to earn a 37-10 win over Georgetown to disappoint an overflow Homecoming crowd on the Georgetown campus. Senior tailback Spiro Theodhosi ran for 142 yards and a touchdown to lead the Bears' offensive effort.
"Spiro is a real workhouse for our team," said Bears' head coach Phil Estes. "He runs North-South, breaks a lot of tackles and plays with tremendous energy."
Bears' quarterback Patrick Donnelly threw for 188 yards and two touchdowns, sitting out most of the fourth quarter when the game was decided. Senior wide receiver Tellef Lundevall caught five passes for 50 yards and a touchdown, while junior Jordan Evans caught five passes for a game high 62 yards.
Theodhosi, who is making a bid for the nation's Comeback Player of the Year after missing the last two seasons due to knee injuries, ran for 88 yards in the third quarter alone as Brown took over the game.
Harassing Georgetown quarterback Stephen Skon all day, Brown's defense had five sacks and 15 tackles for a loss to hold the Hoyas to 159 total yards and no second half first downs.  Senior linebacker Stephen Zambetti had 10 of his 11 tackles in the first half, and junior Michael Yules led the Bears with two sacks and a tackle for a loss. Senior Luke Miller also had two of Brown's five sacks.
Three Brown defenders intercepted passes - senior Reed Watne, senior Ade Oyalowo and senior Anthony Franciosi. Brown's also scored on special teams when junior John Bumpus blocked a Georgetown punt at the goal line early in the fourth quarter and recovered it in the end zone to put the game out of reach.
"Our defense really followed the game plan and took away the quarterback option," said Estes.  "We were able to put last week's game out of our memory and move on to the rest of the season."
Bears' junior All-Ivy kicker Alex Norocea was a perfect 3 of 3 in field goals, connecting on kicks of 22, 35 and 34 yards.
The Bears had good field position on its first offensive possession following a sack by Miller and a poor Georgetown punt, taking over at the Hoyas 41 yard line.  Five plays later, Donnelly connected on a five yard touchdown pass to junior tight end Andrew Marks to grab an early 7-0 lead.
Brown extended its lead to 10-0, with 6:08 left in the first quarter when Norocea booted a 22-yard field goal on Brown's next possession, capping a 44-yard scoring drive.
Georgetown's Matt Maczura booted an 18-yard field goal to trail, 10-3, with 25-seconds left in the opening quarter, but it was Brown's incredible goal line stand that kept the Hoyas out of the end zone. With Georgetown taking over with a first and goal at the Bears' one-inch line, Brown's defense stopped the Hoyas' straight ahead running three consecutive times at the one-inch line, forcing the Georgetown field goal. Yules had two stops for the Bears in the goal line stand.
Skon knotted the score, 10-10, with a scrambling 23-yard touchdown pass to Zack Wilke with 11:22 left in the second quarter.
The Bears took the lead once again, 17-10, when Theodhosi ran untouched into the end zone from the 18-yard line with 5:57 remaining in the first half. capping a 50-yard scoring drive.
Brown extended its lead to 20-10 at the half when Norocea connected on a 35-yard field goal as time expired.  The Brown score was set up by an interception by senior Reed Watne.
Brown's defense forced three consecutive three-and-outs for the Hoyas to open the second half and take control of the game.
Donnelly directed another Brown scoring drive late in the third quarter, tossing an 11-yard touchdown strike to Lundevall to give the Bears a 27-10 advantage with 4:05 left in the quarter.
Brown returns to Rhode Island next weekend, heading down to Kingston, to face the Rhode Island Rams in the 97th Annual Governor's Cup game. Game time is 1:00 p.m. at Meade Stadium.