PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Brown baseball team will return to Ivy League play this weekend when the Bears head to Dartmouth for a three-game series. Saturday's doubleheader will start at 11:30 before Sunday's finale at 1 PM. All three games will be broadcast on the Ivy League Network.
Matchup: Brown (9-22, 4-11) at Dartmouth (10-19-1, 6-5-1)
Dates: April 28-29
Game Times: 11:30 AM (DH) | 1 PM
Live Stats: Saturday GM1 | Saturday GM2 | Sunday
Ivy League Network: Saturday | Sunday
- Brown defeated Siena, 7-2, on Tuesday to pick up its second straight win after previously topping Harvard on Sunday.
- Brown leads the Ivy League with 19 stolen bases in conference games and is ranked third in team ERA (4.39).
- Garett Delano heads into the weekend on a seven-game hitting streak with four multiple-hit games during the span. He leads the Bears with a .311 batting average and also paces the team in home runs (6), runs (25) and slugging percentage (.516).
- On defense, the Bears are ranked sixth in the nation in turned double plays per game (1.06).
- Brown went 1-3 in four games at Dartmouth last season. Delano earned the win in relief in Brown's lone victory of the series.
Last Time Out
- Brown topped Siena in midweek action after going 1-2 at Harvard over the weekend.
- Sam Grigo had three hits with two RBIs over Siena, giving him six RBIs over the last two games.
- The Brown bullpen combined for five scoreless innings to complete the win over Siena.
- Will Tomlinson tossed five scoreless frames in Sunday's win at Harvard, allowing just three hits.
- Garett Delano hit .417 in the Harvard series, while Parke Phillips (.364) and Joe Lomuscio (.300) also hit over .300 in the set.
- Dartmouth most recently went 1-2 in a three-game series at Yale last weekend.
- The Big Green head into the weekend fourth in the Ivy League standings at 6-5-1. Dartmouth finished fourth in the Ivies last season (11-9).
- Sean Sullivan leads the Ivy League with a .364 batting average, while Blake Crossing is second at .351.
- As a team, Dartmouth is ranked third in the league with a .265 average, but .249 in league games.
- Cole O'Connor headlines the rotation at 4-4 with a 4.70 ERA. Clay Chatham has a team-best 36 strikeouts as a member of the rotation, while Michel Austen has six saves as the team's closer.
After the weekend, Brown will host Boston College on Wednesday before playing host to Cornell in a three-game series (May 5-6).