Feb. 11, 2009
WILDCAT, NH - The Brown women's skiing team closed the 2009 regular season with a sixth place finish in the slalom, held at Wildcat Mountain. For the season, the Bears placed fourth in the Macconnell Division standings with 40 points. Colby Sawyer won the Division Title with 14 points, while Plymouth State was second with 29 points and Boston College was third with 33 points.
Sophomore Krista Consiglio (Bethany, CT) led Brown with a second place finish, posting a two-run time of 1:34.64. Classmate Blaine Martin (Salt Lake City, UT) was also in the top-15, earning 14th with a two-run time of 1:38.81. Freshman Kia Mosenthal (Plymouth, NH) earned the third-highest time for the Bears, placing 34th with a total time of 1:49.10. Senior Susan Kovar (Middleburg Heights, OH) also finished, earning a two-run time of 2:50.89.
The Bears were missing several of their top skiers, as junior Elisa Handbury (Sydney, Australia) did not ski, and freshman Emily Simmons (Buffalo, NY) didn't start her first run. In addition, senior Anna Bengtson (St. Johnsbury, VT) didn't finish her second run.
For the season, Mosenthal led the Bears, finishing in 5th in the overall individual standings with 144 points. Consiglio, who won the individual title last year, tied for ninth with 129 points. Simmons finished in 20th overall with 69 points, while Martin was 31st with 32 points, Handbury was 35th with 19 points, and Bengtson was 39th with 15 points.
The Bears are back in action February 21st and 22nd when they take part in the ECSC Regional Championships, which will be held at Waterville Valley.
Final ECSC Macconnell Division Individual Standings (top 20)
1. Danielle Shannon, Colby Sawyer - 248 points
2. Alyssa Deane, Plymouth State - 171 points
3. Kaitlyn Pawlak, Plymouth State - 157 points
4. Emma Coffin, Smith - 147 points
5. Kia Mosenthal, Brown - 144 points
6t. Ashley Lacavalla, Boston College - 134 points
6t. Courtney Willson, Boston College - 134 points
8. Kara Analise Munsey, Smith - 133 points
9t. Erin Fletcher, Plymouth State - 129 points
9t. Krista Consiglio, Brown - 129 points
11. Laura Martini, Boston College - 115 points
12. Kellie Tingle, Colby Sawyer - 104 points
13. Emily Shilletto, UMass - 103 points
14. Michele Spear, Colby Sawyer - 102 points
15. Perrie Finsand, Boston College - 97 points
16. Maura Huff, St. Anselm - 95 points
17t. Jamie Taloumis, UMass - 88 points
17t. Anna Hosmer, Colby Sawyer - 88 points
19. Cecilie Andvord, Colby Sawyer - 85 points
20. Emily Simmons, Brown - 69 points
Final ECSC Macconnell Division Standings
1. Colby Sawyer - 14 points
2. Plymouth State - 29 points
3. Boston College - 33 points
4. Brown - 40 points
5. UMass - 44 points
6. Smith - 54 points
7. St. Anselm - 69 points
8. UConn - 84 points
9. Babson - 90 points
10. MIT - 93 points