Football was first played on Lincoln Field in 1892. Lyman Gym stands in the background of this 1894 photo.
Marston Boathouse, after the 1994 renovation.
Members of the 1890 lawn tennis team pose on the south end of what is now the College Green.
The Class of 1907 Boathouse was dedicated in 1938 at a regatta sponsored by the Yacht Club.
Sayles Gymnasium (now Smith-Buonanno) was the first dedicated athletic facility for women.
Marston Boathouse, as it appeared in the 1970s.
Marvel Gym was bordered on the north by Aldrich Field , which included the baseball stadium (top left corner). The clock tower and cupola atop Marvel Gym were prominent East Side landmarks.
The Berylson Family Fields were completed in 2007.
Price Margolies ‚??36 (left) and Joe Olney ‚??36 stand on the balcony overlooking the indoor track at the 1981 dedication of the Olney-Margolies Athletic Center.
The groundbreaking ceremony for the Pizzitola Sports Center, left to right: President Howard Swearer, Kip Cohen ‚?? 50, Art Joukowsky ‚??55 P‚??87, Frank Pizzitola ‚??49 P‚??81, David Zucconi ‚??55, and athletic director John Parry ‚??65.
Art Joukowsky ‚??55 P‚??87, founder of the Sports Foundation, at the dedication of the University shield on the facade of the OMAC. The shield was the foundation‚??s first gift to Brown.
An aerial view of Meehan Auditorium, located on the corner of Hope and Lloyd, which was dedicated in 1962.
Brown‚??s third boathouse on the Seekonk was built after the 1871 boathouse burned down in 1874.
Baseball games at Lincoln Field drew large crowd in the late 1890s. Home plate was near the junction of Thayer and Waterman Streets.
Aldrich-Dexter Fieldhouse, located next to Meehan Auditorium, was originally the Dexter Asylum infirmary.
Pembrokers practice archery on Pembroke Field. Pembroke Field House can be seen in the background.
Aldrich-Dexter Field, as it appeared when Brown purchased the Dexter Asylum in 1957.