May 15, 2003
As a result of the interest for the putting lesson with PGA star Brad Faxon to be auctioned off at the Brown Women's Athletics Golf Invitational on May 20th, we've set up a special auction with "call-in" bids for those who are unable attend the Golf Outing. The bidding will conclude with the live auction at the reception immediately following the Golf Outing on May 20.
A few notes about the auction:
- The bidding will start at $1,000.
- Bid increases will be in increments of $500.
- Similar offers by Brad Faxon at other local auctions have gone for between $4,000 and $10,000.
- The lesson will be one hour in length and is for one person, it will take place in Rhode Island, at the course of Brad Faxon's choice and will need to be scheduled based on Brad's availability.
- The winning bidder will also receive an autographed photo of Brad Faxon, a Brad Faxon putting video, and confirmation letter signed by Brad.
- Payment from the winning bidder will need to be made prior to June 30, 2003 .
The process for a "call-in" bid is as follows (for those who are unable to attend the tournament or reception):
- Call BUSF Associate Director Craig Fink (401/863-1936) and authorize him to make proxy bids (up to a maximum amount) on your behalf at the LIVE auction.
- The LIVE auction will be held at the reception following the Golf Outing. The reception will start at approximately 5:30 p.m. and the LIVE auction will be held shortly after the start of the reception.
- As the proxy bidder for all "call-in" participants, Craig will we be authorized to enter "call-in" bidders into the bidding process at the LIVE auction, up to the maximum amount you authorize.
- For instance...if you authorize a maximum bid of $5,000, and the live bidding stalls at $3,000, Craig will enter a bid on your behalf of $3,500, and will continue to enter bids on your behalf, if necessary, up to $5,000. A bit more detail....if someone at the live auction bids $4,000, we would then bid $4,500 on your behalf, then, if someone bids $5,000 and your maximum authorization is $5,000, you are out of the bidding process because we are not authorized to beat that bid - this ensures the integrity of the LIVE auction and keeps the process fair and impartial for all bidders, live and call-in.
- Tournament spots are still available at $200 each, or you can attend the reception-only portion of the event for $25.
This is a rare opportunity to receive a one-on-one lesson from one of the best putters in the world, and what makes it even better, is that all proceeds will go to support Brown Women's Athletics...so pick up your phone starting Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 9am and make a bid!