|Hometown:||New York, NY|
Lars H. Enstrom '86
Hometown: New York, NY
Sport: Water Polo
Year Inducted: 1997
Lars Enstrom and his wife, Kellie, live in New York City, where he is vice president at Oppenheimer & Co., in health care investment banking. After Brown, Lars received his MBA from Harvard. Here in Providence, the Brown community remembers Lars as a member of the 1984 team which was lauded as the best showing an Eastern team ever made at the National Championships.
Lars achieved many honors…
- All-New England 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985
- All-East First Team 1983, 1984, 1985
- Eastern Championship MVP 1984, 1985
- US Water Polo All-American Second Team 1984, 1985
- US Water Polo All-American Honorable Mention, 1983
- NCAA Water Polo All-American Honorable Mention 1984, 1985
As a freshman, he broke the most saves in a season record with 224 saves. He still holds the most saves in a career: 785.
Lars was a member of the Junior National Team in 1980, 1981, 1982. In 1983, 1984 and 1985, he was a member of the National “B” Team. While at Brown, Lars and his team were Eastern Champions in 1983, 1984 and 1985. During his playing career Brown finished sixth in 1983, 1984 and 1985 at the NCAA, a sport dominated by California teams. Since Lars’ graduation, it is interesting to note that Brown has yet to win another Eastern Championship.