Athletic Space at Brown University is intended to be used primarily for Department of Athletics programing. However, individuals or groups desiring to use space may be granted permission to rent space when it is available.
Requesting Rental Info
To request additional information about the availability of an
athletic facility for an outside event, please click the below
Rental Group Policies and Procedures:
Brown University requires proof of general liability insurance to cover non-university events held in our facilities for meetings, conferences, sports camps/clinics, weddings or other special functions or events.
- The acceptable form of insurance documentation is a certificate of insurance showing evidence of general liability insurance to cover the event and use of University facilities.
- The certificate of insurance must provide a minimum of $1 million in coverage limits and include Brown University as the certificate holder and as an additional named insured for the event and use of facilities.
Brown University Dining Services has first right of refusal for any outside event that desires to have food or drink served. Brown Dining Services can offer concessions, catered, or bar services. If Brown Dining Services is unable or uninterested in covering an event, we will work with event leadership to find a mutually agreed upon vendor to service the event.
For facility location, parking information, directions and general info please visit our Facilities page at Brownbears.com http://brownbears.com/athletics/facilities/facilities_index
See below for a master list of athletic facility space. It
should be noted that just because a space is listed below, does not
necessarily mean athletics is able or willing to rent the
|Berylson Family Field East||Ittleson Quadrangle||Pembroke Field|
|Berylson Family Field West||Marvel Field||Pembroke Fieldhouse|
|Brodsky Squash Pavilion (5 courts)||Meehan Auditorium (ice)||Pembroke Volleyball Courts|
|Brown Softball Field||Meehan Auditorium (no ice)||Pizzitola Center Conference Room|
|Brown Stadium (entire complex)||Meehan Auditorium Davis Lounge||Pizzitola Center Joukowsky Room Lounge|
|Brown Stadium (field only)||Meister-Kavan Field||Pizzitola Center Media Room|
|Brown Stadium parking lot||Murray Stadium||Pizzitola Center Williams Court|
|Brown Stadium Throws Grass Field||Nelson Fitness Center Fitness Studio||Squash Court(s)|
|Brown Stadium Track||Nelson Fitness Center Conference Room||Stevenson Field|
|Coleman Aquatics Center||Nelson Fitness Center Wet Conference Room||Warner Roof Field|
|Corner Field||OMAC Badminton Court(s)||Wrestling Room|
|Goldberger Family Field||OMAC Basketball Court(s)||Zucconi Strength & Conditioning Center|
|Gymnastics Room||OMAC Conference Room|
|Indoor Tennis Court(s)||OMAC Fitness Studio|
|Indoor Tennis Courty Facility||OMAC Indoor Track|
OMAC Volleyball Court(s)
|Marston Boathouse Dock||Outdoor Tennis Court(s)|
|Marston Boathouse Rowing Tanks||Outdoor Tennis Facility|
Brown Athletics offers multiple event support options to assist
in the running of your event. See below for different
auxiliary items you may want to consider for your event. Most
of these items include an additional cost beyond the facility use
|A/V Equipment||Field Lining||Plumber||Stanchions|
|Athletic Trainer||Floor Covering||Police (Brown)||Tables|
|Barriers||Goals (Field Hockey)||Police (Providence)||Tent (Over 10x10)|
|Chairs||Goals (Lacrosse)||Port-o-Jons||Tent (Pop Up 10x10)|
|Coat Rack||Goals (Soccer)||Scoreboard Access||Ticket Takers|
|Easel||Golf Carts||Sound System (Public Address)||Trash Barrels|
|Electrician||Grounds Cleaning||Sound Tech||Ushers|
|EMT||Grounds Prep||Sounds System (Music)||Whiteboard|
|Event Security/Management||Pipe and Drape||Staging||Wireless Mic|
Facility Use Policies
- Pets, chewing gum and tobacco products are prohibited.
Food, drink, and or alcoholic beverages must be pre-approved by
- In most cases, for indoor events, floors must be covered if the
event is not athletic in nature.
- All participants must wear shoes and the shoes must be
appropriate for the space/field.
- Groups/participants are only allowed to use their reserved
space as confirmed by athletics. Adjacent spaces must be scheduled
and reserved separately.
- All signage and posters must be posted neatly and removed immediately following the event. Only use blue painters tape to hang signs. If signs are left after the event a clean-up fee will be applied.
- Any damage caused by signage hung will be billed to the
- We will not be responsible for any equipment brought to the site by a rental group if lost, stolen or damaged.
- The facility must be cleared after use and secured at the end
of the night. Any trash left behind will be billed to the group via
- All lights/sound systems must be turned off at the end of each
- Groups violating the above policies could forfeit their privileges or the ability to reserve space.