Hunter S. Marston Boathouse
The Hunter S. Marston Boathouse is the home of men's and women's crew at Brown and is located near India Point Park in Providence on the Seekonk River, where all crew races are held.
The Marston Boathouse was purchased by the University in 1966 with funds given by Hunter S. Marston, Class of 1908. The building, which had previously been used by the Saltesea Packing Company as a fish processing plant, was remodeled and dedicated on October 7, 1967.
The Marston Boathouse is an outstanding facility with storage space for 18 eights, seven fours, five pairs, and two singles. The boathouse is fully equipped, giving Brown's rigger the ability to make repairs on site, and can handle all the needs of a competitive rowing program.
On November 12, 1994, the boathouse was rededicated after extensive renovations were done to completely modernize the facility. Both the men's and women's teams have expanded locker and shower space for all rowers. Marston also houses a 16-seat indoor rowing tank, a separate weight room for men and women, and 34 ergometers for each team.
258 India Street
Providence, RI 02903